Bad Astronomy on ...Imaginos?

Michael Seher mseher at ULTRAVOX.EAST.SUN.COM
Fri Feb 9 15:43:22 EST 1996

        previously, I wrote...
>    ...and am I the only one who still doesn't like the remake of
>  "Astronomy" on _Imaginos_?

Stephen Swann <swann at PHANTOM.COM> added
> Nope.  :-)  _Imaginos_ is one of my favorite albums, and the _Secret
> Treaties_ "Astronomy" is one of my favorite songs, but somehow the
> remake just doesn't do it for me.

"ross.reyes" <reyes at ALOFT.ATT.COM> asks
> What is it that you don't like about it?

        What Stephen said.  The original was so good that ANY attempt
to top it, even with a live recording, would be most difficult task
indeed.
        A friend and I used the lyrics to Astronomy as our part of an
11th grade Literature project on poetry.(!)  This was in 1976.  The
other songs we were thinking about using the lyrics to were "Then Came
the Last Days of May" and "Flaming Telepaths".

        The _Imaginos_ version just seems like they tried too hard to
make it have a bit of a funky sound.  Probably because the beat of the
song is faster, as are the parts with the "Hey! Hey Hey!"'s.

All I need is a kiss from you, babe,
Before it's hang-over time.
All I need is some love from you, babe,
Before the stampede arrives.