Turner/Cleopatra disc

Keith A Henderson khenders at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Fri Feb 9 17:51:18 EST 1996

John said:

> >From: "BREVARD Adrian R." <ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM>
> >>Is there a CD out with Uncle Nik entitled "Warrior on the Edge of Time"?
>
> >Well Joe I'm pretty sure that is the title and it does say Nik Turner not
> >Hawkwind.  Saw it in a store called Convergence Records (they advertise the
> >Ozric Tentacles collection as the best in the area).  Will double check for
> >sure cause I got some off line responses on this and everyone seems pretty
> >confused on the title.
>
> I'm guessing, but I think the disc in question might be _Nik Turner &
> Travellers Of Space_.  It's a Cleopatra "promo only" CD with cuts from
> some of Cleopatra's spacier bands such as Nik Turner, Spiral Realms,
> Melting Euphoria, etc.  It's a nice collection, but all the cuts are
> available on other discs.  Repeat: *NO* otherwise unavailable cuts.

Yeah, I think you're probably right about all these tracks being available
elsewhere, but I was confused for awhile about one Spiral Realms track on
there, entitled Voyage to Pluto from an album called Journeys from the Future.
Now, I realise that this is actually the same song as Solar Wind (I think) from
Crystal Jungles of Eos....presumably Simon changed both the name of that
particular song as well as the name of the album between when this promo CD
came out and when CJoE was released.

Keith H.