B. O'Cult Songs

Albert T Bouchard ir004728 at INTERRAMP.COM
Fri Feb 9 18:47:52 EST 1996

OK here goes:
>>according to Bolle, Warner Bros does...I thought Sony owned the rights and
>>that Sony and WB were entirely 2 different companies

All of the songs that I've written are owned by Sony Tunes (a division of
Sony Publishing). I'm not sure about any of the song I DIDN'T write (i.e.
the Moorcock tunes) so they may be co-owned by Warners or someone else.

>This raises a question in my mind.  I have seen Al post (on more than one
>occasion) that he is still owed money by BOC.  My impression was that the
>monies due him related to songs and publishing.  I will profess that I don't
>know that much about the music biz, but it seems to me that if Al is owed $'s
>for songs, the $'s should be paid to him by B. O'Cult Songs (which is owned
>by Sony (according to Deb), not BOC).
>
>So, is this right?  Does the band not really owe Al money, but Sony does?
>Or am I confused (again)?

In a word. Yes. I have been getting regular checks from Sony Tunes for over
a year now. BOC has not paid a royalty to me since 1985 (and I know that
SonyCBS has been sending them checks on my behalf). So the score is:
Sony-good, BOC-bad.

>songs?  And just how did Sony get B. O'Cult Songs?  Did the band have to
>>sign away their songrights when they signed originally in the early 70's?

No, we retained our publishing up until a little over a year ago when we
sold the rights to Sony for a lot of money.

I don't want to say anymore.
Al