HW lyrics

Bernhard Pospiech b.pospiech at POP.RUHR.DE
Sat Feb 10 06:27:56 EST 1996

Hello

>I got the HW lyrics from one of the sites here. There's one
>line in Steppenwolf (last line), I thought had to be
>        'ich weiss nicht was ich sagen soll'
>which is German for
>        'I don't know what I should say'
>but the transcribor made some very strange words out of it.
>Hope I could be of any help. Please note that my Germany (as
>well as my English) are not perfect, I may have made some
>mistakes in either language.

Your German is absolutely correct Jerry. The translation is exact

There is another German word which is used in a HAWKWIND song. During SPIRIT
OF THE AGE on the Hawklords tour (see Plymouth, 23.11.78) BOB CALVERT sings:
ZEITGEIST, ZEITGEIST

The translation for ZEITGEIST is: SPIRIT OF THE AGE

Bernhard