I'd Like to See You in Black

Douglas A. Mitchell DMitchIssy at AOL.COM
Sat Feb 10 13:03:22 EST 1996

Charlie:

>>This track has a definite 'Buck' feel, and rolls very agreeably
>>along through the first verses, until Mr. Dharma unloads in the
>>middle.  This one gets better every time I hear it.  It harks back
>>to the 'Spectres' era, and tracks like 'Death Valley Nights' and
>>'Fireworks'.  Anyone else have any feelings on this one?

>Having been a devout Cult Fan for the past 22 years, I find it
>difficult to totally dislike any piece of BOC music.  "I'd Like
>to See You in Black" may not conjure up the imagery of "Wings
>Wetted Down" but it is still a rollicking, kickass piece.  It
>is certainly recognizable as a BOC tune.  "Harvest Moon", as
>Doug points out, may start off a bit poppy and offputting to
>hardcore BOC fans, but Mr. Roeser's fretwork through the bridge
>absolutely kills.  Anyone who's a true BOC fan will recognize
>Buck's hand in the development of this song.  It is, IMNSHO,
>destined to be a Cult perennial.

Now if we can only get Buck & Bloom to play 'Born To Rock',
THAT would be something... =)

>Charlie
>Brewmaster/Head Brewer
>"Brewery of Cult"

To anyone who doesn't know about this yet, there now exist, in the
Shadow Of California, true Blue Oyster Cult beers.  Yes, excellent
flavors of eclectic elixir, genuinely worthy of their rather unique names...

- Buck's Blazing Bitter
- Eric's Extraterrestrial Elixir
- Allen's Alien Ale

The Brewmaster of Cult is located in Santa Rosa, and will heretofore
be referred to as Sir Charles Of Gow.  I had the good fortune to sample
the original recipe of the Buck's, and found it palatable (chuckle)...

The beers are not yet commercially available, but they should be.
Maybe if we all send Sir Charles a big check, he'll retire and take
the Blue Oyster Cult name into the mainstream again, on bottles
of his finest.  Is it just me, or do you get the feeling that the Band
is actually 'on the rise' here in the mid-90's?

I look forward to attending the First Annual BOC BBQ 1996, at
Casa De Gow.  Attendance is, of course, voluntary.  However, at
this time the guest list does include some rather luminous folks
on the BOC spectrum.  Charlie also has a Red & Black barbeque
sauce that I'm dying to try... =)

E-mail Charlie directly for details, as he is the Chairman of the
BOC BBQ Planning Committee.  I'll be flying down from the Seattle
area to attend this long weekend of beer, barbeque, and (of course)
Blue Oyster Cult.  The Boys might even join us in a 'virtual barbeque',
if they are still out stomping about the countryside, leaving enormous
reptilian footprints across the United States...

It should be the beginning of a fine tradition, as I'm sure our growing
numbers have the wherewithall to organize one of these every year...

"Raise your can of beer on high!"

The Snowman.                                         _?_
<dmitchissy at aol.com>                              I

Douglas A. Mitchell              World Snow T-shirts always available!
290 S.E. Bush Street               Visit the World Snow Virtual Store:
Issaquah, Washington 98027      http://www.goski.com/wsnow.htm
(206) 557-6654 bus.        Call Toll Free to order World Snow goods!
(800) 356-2956 ---------(Visa/MC ok!)----------> Dial: 1-800-FLO-BYLO