bootleg/counterfeit

Douglas A. Mitchell DMitchIssy at AOL.COM
Sat Feb 10 16:13:04 EST 1996

Deb:

>...obviously, when the "bootleg" is just another extension of
>a dedicated fan's considerable investment-- emotional as well
>as monetary--they've already got the CD or whatever, they just
>want as much as they can get, and it's for their personal use
>and for sharing their enthusiasm, turning other people on--
>that's very different from the guy who's simply copying the
>material and selling it for profit. Because that's not about
>sharing anything, that's just about ripping people off...

Exactly!

I've forwarded a letter to Boris's address in Kazakhstan, and I
await his response.  I'm interested to see whether or not he will
respond at all, and in light of your earlier comments about his
potential "connections", what his response will be...

Thanks much for another perspective on this issue, as I was in
a bit of a 'humanitarian fervor', if you will.  Kevin, our Traffic Manager
@ Microscan (my employer) received a return call from his friend
at Expeditors about two days after I asked him about rates to our
buddy Boris's corner of the globe.  They were calling to mention
this very topic, regarding the frequent illicit activities surrounding
incoming materials from the U.S. in that part of the world.  So, I
sent the letter, to get a better feel for the situation...

Thanks Deb.

The Snowman.                                         _?_
<dmitchissy at aol.com>                              I

Douglas A. Mitchell              World Snow T-shirts always available!
290 S.E. Bush Street               Visit the World Snow Virtual Store:
Issaquah, Washington 98027      http://www.goski.com/wsnow.htm
(206) 557-6654 bus.        Call Toll Free to order World Snow goods!
(800) 356-2956 ---------(Visa/MC ok!)----------> Dial: 1-800-FLO-BYLO