HW:Richard Strange?

Keith A Henderson khenders at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Sun Feb 11 12:25:00 EST 1996

>   Just saw an album entitles "The Phenomenal Rise of Richard strange".
> The drummer is one Martin Griffin. Could this be the former Hawk?
>
> Wylie

Yes...it is.  And if you look at your Friends & Relations II album, you will
see one of Richard Strange's songs, which is entitled 'Work' I think, but goes
by another name (with different lyrics) on Strange's album(s).  There was
another Richard Strange album (which I have) called 'The Live Rise of Richard
Strange', which appears to be a live concert from NYC, but with significant
post-treatment (over-dubbing) in the studio.

I think a list member here was the one who sent me a tape of the album you saw,
so he could probably tell you more about that one.

I think Paul Martinez, who played bass for Robert Plant, played with Strange
for awhile, so there's a Led Zeppelin - Hawkwind link for ya'.

Keith H.