OFF: Porcupine Tree at BB

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Mon Feb 12 11:10:48 EST 1996

CHOMP!

> and got Astounding sounds Amazing music used for $4

Probably 'cuz someone bought the new version with the extra tracks onnit.
Still, a helluva deal!

> needless to say i spent 32 dollars and walked out of there with 4 cool cds
> that place rocks-

Was in San Jose last week and late Saturday I finally had the chance to
do a little CD shopping. Got to swing by Compact Disc Warehouse on El
Camino; if you are in the area, check 'em out! They have a progressive
section, which is quite small, but the prices are dirt-cheap! I picked
up a couple of Italian-prog things for $12.00 each and saw a number of
bins with some decent bands listed, but were empty (alright, who got there
before me?!?) Lotsa good stuff out in the regular bins, including a number
of roios (roio=recordings of illegitimate origin, i.e. bootlegs). The Ozrics
were well represented, and _cheap_ (Erpland, $11.99, no way!!! WAY!!!) except
for BtO, at $21.99. Tons of HW in the used bins, too...

And the local Tower finally produced copies of Anubian Nights (an analog/
vintage synths freaks dream!) releases and the Farflung CD. And Stan
Ridgeways' new one. If I only could have found _Alien_4_...

> i also went to best buy to try and hunt down those u.s. porcupine tree cd's
> for some reason they say that they won't carry them- those jerks, didn't
> some of ya'll find PT at your local BB?
> -mike psyche

Found _Sky_Moves_Sideways_ at a Tower Records in Tysons' Corner, VA a couple
of weeks ago. Did the computer at BB even show a listing for the PT CD?
If it did, get the bums to order you one (BB is having financial difficulties
so this may explain the hunkering down attitude/selection as of late...)

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyratl.ga.pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Pyramid Technology Corporation, A Siemens-Nixdorf Company
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Suite 400
-------mmmmmmm- Atlanta, GA 30342      (404) 845-3404