Imaginos remakes and outtakes

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Tue Feb 13 10:08:53 EST 1996

>Albert T Bouchard writes:
>>
>>         Well sorry ya'll didn't go ga ga over the remake. It was quite
>> conciously made "commercial" by Pearlman and Columbia Brass. I thought the
>> track was kinda cool myself.
>
>Who knows what we might have thought of it, if it wasn't a remake.

I actually heard the Imaginos version first (at the time my BOC knowledge
was spotty and only went back to FoUO).  I instantly liked it, and along with

>Well, on the topic of "different"... would you believe that the song I
>hear named most often as the song wich really 'makes the album' is...
>"Magna of Illusion" ?  It seems to be a great fan favorite (even
>though I think most people would agree that it's probably not well
>suited to have been a single).  :-)

along with Magna of Illusion is my favorite sequence.

Soon after that I picked up a vinyl of SEE primarily because it had
Astronomy on it, and, (heresy!) didn't like it at first, but it grew on me
until I pretty much like both versions equally now,  (ST and live '76 pretty
much included w/ SEE)...  Even when I make a tape using the old version,
though, I immediately follow it with Magna of Illusion...  They fit so
perfectly.  After chanting "A Star..."  it comes around with "It was no
star, but a magna of illusion..."

        That night, the captain's grandaughter, would celebrate her birthday
        "I've come a long way", said the captain, "from lost Christabel,
this night,
        accompanied by my dog..."

        "Granddaughter, it's a foreign mirror, taken from the jungle.."

Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random, upon being accused
Chancellor                                            of being corrupted since
Barony of Silverwater                             becoming King....
Kingdom of the Burning Lands                (Roger Zelazny, d. 1995)