Just to get a few things off my chest

Michael Seher mseher at ULTRAVOX.EAST.SUN.COM
Tue Feb 13 14:29:17 EST 1996

john> 4.  Music is neither good or bad -- you may like it or not like it, but
john> that like or dislike doesn't make it good or bad.  I don't particularly
john> like alot of what's being played on the radio these days (although I'm
john> starting to get into some stuff), but that doesn't mean it's bad, just
john> that I don't like it.  Maybe I should start a new slogan:  "Music
john> doesn't suck - people do."  O.K., maybe not . . .  ;-)

ross> I disagree.  Sometimes fans are ripped off by bands throwing in
ross> anything just to make up an album.  Fans know when they're getting
ross> the real thing and when they're gettin a half baked effort just
ross> to extract a few more bucks from the record buying public.  In
ross> those cases it does suck.  I think it happens more than we'd
ross> like to believe.

theo> I think you're right.  Isn't the substandard work on Club Ninja
theo> responsible for a lot of the erosion of BOC's fan base?

        This is a tough one.  While we may not appreciate or like
something when it first comes out, we might later.  I find this true
with music, comics, TV shows, cars,...  Oftimes, only the dreck of the
present can make what you felt was the dreck of the past, bearable.
I'm not suggesting that how bad what BOC(and related spin-offs) is(are)
doing today makes yesterdays "sub-standard" work better in a relative
sense, I mean that I'd rather listen to ANY older BOC than new or old
Janet Jackson or Michael Jackson or Alan Jackson or...

History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men
"Godzilla"