Imaginos remakes and outtakes

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Tue Feb 13 14:32:24 EST 1996

> "I Am The One You Warned Me Of" and "Frankenstein" are probably my
> 2 favorite tracks -- they've got great energy and great guitar work.
> I think the Brain Surgeons should try working up "Frankenstein" - I
> bet Deb could do a great vocal rendition of that song.

        You think so?  I'm not doubting Deb's vocal prowess here, but
the feel of the song seems so heavily dependant on the choral voices
and "guitar orchestra".  Perhaps tBS could work up a version, but I think
they'd have to change it a lot to make it work.
        Well, hmmm, I can kinda hear it ... Al using that gravelly,
almost spoken voice on the "Carpe Diem", almost like the original
"Dominance" "radios appear" line, and then the guitars crash in ...
        Mmmm.  Could work ...

        But I re-state my vote for a tBS "I Am The One You Warned Me Of",
which I think would suit their line-up better with minimal re-arrangement
and that Deb would sing wickedly on.

Cheers,
Carl