Club Ninja

Alex S. Garcia 101612.172 at COMPUSERVE.COM
Tue Feb 13 18:49:12 EST 1996

theo said :

> Isn't the substandard work on Club Ninja
> responsible for a lot of the erosion of BOC's fan base?

    Several of you fans out there have been criticizing Club Ninja, and
I really don't understand this. I really like this album. It has always
struck me how BOC was completeley different from all other
bands in the sense that instead of aging badly it keeps growing
younger. That's how I always felt. Now of course, I'm a recent fan
(I've discovered the band with IMAGINOS and have bought all
the other albums since then), and this may explain that, but still...

    Now don't get me wrong, I love the old songs, but I do think
Club Ninja and IMAGINOS are much better than - say - the first
two or three albums of the band (with the exception, maybe,
of such songs as "Last days of May", "Wings wetted down",
"Flaming telepaths" and a few others which remain among
my all-time favorite songs). I mean look at your
personal favorite albums, I'm sure most of you will probably
say it's Cultosaurus Erectus or Fire of Unknown Origin - which
is the point I'm trying to make. Those albums - which are
really among the best - came out like almost ten years after
the first one, and look how much better they are, how much
powerful... To me, BOC just keeps getting better with time
and I'm really waiting very eagerly for the next studio album,
IMAGINOS having been the "masterpiece" it has been...........

    I'm glad I had the opportunity of saying this here because
it's something I have always felt within and I thought it
might be important to share... even though I know some
of you will probably yell your lungs out at me !!! But hey,
I'm ready to take the blows...   :-)

Alex.