Sonic A

Thu Feb 15 09:02:21 EST 1996

Theo writes:

>I belive Eric is fairly proficient in Japanese, at least to the
extent that he sings many BOC songs in that language when the band
tours Japan.

Well, Eric may know some Japanese, but I hate to bust anyone's bubble,
but Eric did NOT sing in Japanese when the band toured Japan (and it's
been a few years I believe since they've done that).  That stuff written
in the liner notes to WOTT (and some tour programs) about Eric singing
sets in Japanese is utter bullshit.  Someone forwarded a comment made
by Bolle on this topic to BOC-L after WOTT came out (I might have it,
and if so I'll re-post).  Eric does do a brief intro to the song in
Japanese, but that is it.  I've got a tape from Osaka in 1978 and I can
assure you Eric sings in English.  This is somewhat of a sore spot for
Bolle because he spent big bucks years ago to secure a recording from
a BOC show in Japan, and was pretty pissed to find out that he had been
misled (and he's none to happy that this lie has been perpetuated in the
WOTT liner notes).

John