[off] Music of Erich Zahn??? was Re: OFF: Discussing music

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Thu Feb 15 19:10:35 EST 1996

On 15-FEB-1996 18:51:50.3 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >On 15-FEB-1996 11:33:12.2 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >>On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, Paul Mather wrote:
   >>> I can easily accept that someone could *genuinely believe* that, say,
   >>> Mekong Delta's _The Music of Erich Zann_ is pure, unmusical, crap.
   >>> For them it *is*.  But whether I believe it, or accept it to be valid
   >>> *for me*, is another matter.  I decide.  For me, it isn't.  We are
   >all >> happy, despite there now being two "truths" regarding that album
   >>> (unless the other person also believes that all Mekong Delta fans
   >>> should be systematically liquidated:). :-)
   >>Being an HPL fan, I'm naturally curious about this Erich Zahn band.
   >>Could someone provide some more info on them?
   >>Allan.
   >A technical metal/thrash band from...Sweden, I think. I have only three

Perhaps I should have used the term "progressive" instead of technical
here... As long as you get the point.

   >of their releases: Mekong Delta, The Music of EZ and Live At An
   >Exhibition. They do a good job of covering
   >Mussorgsky and have some really good tunes; they're
   >strange, but metal, so I don't know if that's up your alley. Paul
   >should be able to give you more info on 'em.
   >Chuck
   >`[1;32;44mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive

I also should have mentioned that the lyrics (as far as I know) don't have
many, if any, Lovecraft references. But for an excellent metal band that
does, you might wanna check out Manilla Road. Any one ever heard of them?

Chuck
`[1;33;47mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive