Copyright News

Andy Gilham AndyGilham at AOL.COM
Fri Feb 16 09:16:09 EST 1996

Of course, if Eric's diction were better, we wouldn't feel a need for BOC
lyrics files in the first place :)

There is a sort-of serious point here, which is that if you've bought an
up-front legit copy of a recording of a song, then arguably you've a moral,
if not legal, right to know what the words are - to know what you've bought,
in effect.  E.g., it's not a *secret* that the ship is called "Plutonia",
because, hey, you can *hear* it...  but I (for one) needed a lyric sheet
first.

"In the future", says Dr Stupid, "you'll be able to download a copy of the
lyrics for free if you insert the CD in your computer."

- Andy