OffTopic: US politics

M Holmes fofp at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Fri Feb 16 11:46:50 EST 1996

Steve writes:

> >Anyway, my name's Mike and I'm a politics junkie.
> >
> >If I can't get it at home, I'll get it elsewhere. I'd like to follow the
> >minutae of the US Primaries and Presidential elections. Does anyone know
> >of a website that has detail and good commentary whereby I might do this?
>

> Hi, I'm Steve and I'm another politics junkie.

HI STEVE :-)

Jeese, there are a lot of us here. Maybe we should start our own 12-Step
group. So long as it's not Monday nights because that's when I go to my
Hawkwind Kollectors 12-step group :-)

> There's a website
> maintained by CNN- the address is not handy at the moment, but a search for
> CNN should turn up something.
> That should be a start.

I'll give it a shot, though I was thinking more along the lines of the
Hunter.S.Thompson style of analysis.

Mind you, his "Better Than Sex" seemed pretty poor to me, especially in
the light of "Fear And Loathing On The Campaign Trail". His description
in the earlier book of the manouvering over procedural votes was
political commentary at its best.

FoFP