Imaginos remakes and outtakes

Alex S. Garcia 101612.172 at COMPUSERVE.COM
Fri Feb 16 11:52:12 EST 1996

>Well now, referring to the lyric book I notice that there is in fact an
>exclamation mark after the line in question:
>
>"Oh my boat left New Orleans in 1829!"
>
>So apparently Sandy and Albert thought this line was pretty significant,
>and here we are calling it meaningless and mundane!! :)
>
>Seriously, it could be argued that actually the line is of significance,
>in that this marks a particular turning point in the story -- where
>Imaginos sets out from New Orleans to seek the Magna of Illusion.
>
>A similar situation occurs in the song Magna of Illusion, which twice
>includes the verse "Stories on land, storms at sea/'Tween 1892 and
>'93/When Grandad sailed for Mexico". The first time this occurs, the line
>acts as a climactic bridge into a short but fairly dramatic guitar solo.
>So, ladies, fish and gentlemen of the jury, I honourably submit that
>S.Pearlman and A.Bouchard did wilfully intend the act of venturing forth
>to obtain a magic mirror to represent a moment of dramatic intentions in
>the saga of Imaginos.
>
>Dave

But Dave, there was never a doubt in my mind on the importance of
that line IN CONTEXT... But as we've said before, we were just saying
it was mundane if taken OUT of context  :-)

But nontheless, on a strictly in-depth approach, your comments ARE
interesting.

Alex.