Copyright News

Rob Maerz ROBODUDE at AOL.COM
Fri Feb 16 13:03:04 EST 1996

Bolle wanted this message forwarded...

I was discussing this subject with a friend last night who plays in a
band...copyright violations are broken all the time...anytime you see a cover
band they are breaking copyrights...but, for what it's worth, given the
band's pay for one night, it certainly isn't worth pursuing...

I think whomever is pursuing the shutdown of OLGA has the wrong
perspective...the archive is there for guitarists to retrieve tablature of
their choice and learn them to become a better guitar player...it's like
having a music teacher on the internet...it's one of the reasons that I
stopped paying a music teacher $26 an hour to play songs that I wasn't
intrested in...

but, this comin Monday I plan on breaking a whole shitload of copyright
violations when I go over to my bud's place and show him how to play She's
Lost Control by Joy Division...which, btw, is G-A-A#-C-D then
G-A-A#-C-A...sounds really kewl if you use a Wah...

ROBO

Subj:   Re: stuff...
Date:   96-02-16 02:56:19 EST
From:   TUBULAR 1
To:     ROBODUDE

But For Sure, Copyright doesn't allow for silly and naive excuses... If you
perform somebodies works without proper autorization it is in violation of
copyright laws...
I have been given the rights to publish lyrics for 500 Books anything outside
this is a violation of copyright laws... You may not quote anything without
proper licensing so why should homely interpretations by excused from this
law? can you see the legal loop hole this would be with real smart people
needing to steal and rob the reality of this business...
Once again don't be so naive about this issue of copyright. It is a serious
offense to steal somebody elses works, even if it is your
interpretations.....
As far as I am concerned, I don't want to see my license revoked due to
illegal activities, and whenever it comes down to the majority doing the
illegal thing as is with Guitar tabs etc. Why should it become legal if a
million people do it... If this became a reality then Drugs and Alcohol and
Child sex would be a norm of society... Get Real....!!!
BOLLE_!_?