Imaginos remakes and outtakes

Albert T Bouchard ir004728 at INTERRAMP.COM
Sat Feb 17 00:50:18 EST 1996

On the rhyme scheme of typical BOC songs:
        One reason I liked writing songs to Meltzer lyrics is because they
were more straightforward. Not just because he uses end rhymes sometimes
(but it's his unusual word choice that make them really interesting) but
also because he always has a consistent rhythmic pattern going on.
Pearlman's lyrics seldom had a consistent rhythmic pattern and hardly ever
any end rhymes. An exception would be 'Cities'. But Pearlman would make
many internal rhymes and illiteration and if I thought about it long enough
I could glean some sort of useful rhythm. That's one reason why the remake
of BOC is better, because I used all of Sp's lyrics and found their rhyme
rather than squashing them into a little guitar riff.

On Blue Oyster Cult remake:
        That is my consistent favorite on the Imaginos album. I'm pretty
happy with how it came out. I think the extra sections and the rewritten
chorus all make it a pretty dramatic song. And Robbie Kreiger plays an
excellent solo at the end too. Eric sang Subhuman.

On 1829:
        Yes, DK pretty much hit it on the head. That's what I love about
this group. Whenever I see a thread that I think I could answer I have to
read all the replies to see if someone beat me to the punch. It is a
significant moment where Imaginos sets sail to discover ..... Les
Invisibles? Or just another dominant chord? Maybe, but one thing is
certain. The world will never be the same.

On vinyl vs. CD:
        I like digital because it's a lot easier to work with. It's a more
durable format. LPs and tapes gett worn and messed up after awhile. But I
think there's too much error correction going on in all digital formats. In
a way, from an audiophile's perspective digital has a ways to go to match
the repoduction quality of the finest analog audio equipment. Unfortunately
neither I nor most people on this list would invest in such gear. Certainly
from a recordist's view it's out of my range. Digital - more bang per buck!

See y'all in a few days.
Al