Imaginos remakes and outtakes

Douglas A. Mitchell DMitchIssy at AOL.COM
Sat Feb 17 03:04:03 EST 1996

To All:

>On Blue Oyster Cult remake:
>That is my consistent favorite on the Imaginos album. I'm pretty
>happy with how it came out. I think the extra sections and the rewritten
>chorus all make it a pretty dramatic song. And Robbie Kreiger plays an
>excellent solo at the end too. Eric sang Subhuman.

It's refreshing to hear this, as it makes me feel better about my almost
fanatic liking for this reworked version of Subhuman.  I very much like the
original, but the treatment here, in context, takes the song to a level near
what was likely intended when it was originally written...

>On 1829:
>Yes, DK pretty much hit it on the head. That's what I love about
>this group. Whenever I see a thread that I think I could answer I have to
>read all the replies to see if someone beat me to the punch. It is a
>significant moment where Imaginos sets sail to discover ..... Les
>Invisibles? Or just another dominant chord? Maybe, but one thing is
>certain. The world will never be the same.

Dramatic moments come in shapes & sizes...and sounds...

>On vinyl vs. CD:
>I like digital because it's a lot easier to work with. It's a more
>durable format. LPs and tapes gett worn and messed up after awhile.
>But I think there's too much error correction going on in all digital
formats.
>In a way, from an audiophile's perspective digital has a ways to go to match
>the repoduction quality of the finest analog audio equipment. Unfortunately
>neither I nor most people on this list would invest in such gear. Certainly
>from a recordist's view it's out of my range. Digital - more bang per buck!

No pun intended, of course... =)

The Snowman.                                         _?_
<dmitchissy at aol.com>                              I

      "If it isn't skiing or Blue Oyster Cult, I'm not interested..."
The First Annual BOC BBQ - Santa Rosa, California - Spring 1996!

Douglas A. Mitchell              World Snow T-shirts always available!
290 S.E. Bush Street           Contact me via E-mail or snail mail for
Issaquah, Washington 98027       information regarding the 'coolest'
(206) 391-7683              T-shirt designs this side of the South Pole!