Imaginos remakes and outtakes

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Sat Feb 17 13:37:06 EST 1996

> On Blue Oyster Cult remake:
> And Robbie Kreiger plays an
> excellent solo at the end too.

        Ah!  That's one of the Kreiger guitar bits--I'll have to go back
and listen to it.

> On vinyl vs. CD:
>         I like digital because it's a lot easier to work with. It's a more
> durable format. LPs and tapes gett worn and messed up after awhile. But I
> think there's too much error correction going on in all digital formats. In
> a way, from an audiophile's perspective digital has a ways to go to match
> the repoduction quality of the finest analog audio equipment. Unfortunately
> neither I nor most people on this list would invest in such gear. Certainly
> from a recordist's view it's out of my range. Digital - more bang per buck!

        I would concur that digital has yet to come of age (50 years from
now, I'm sure there'll be a cult CD following ("Man, like, CDs just sound
_warmer_ than datachips, you know?" ;)
        And I would also concur that it's damn convienient!  (Especially
over cassettes--I can't stand them except as temporary storage to listen
to things in m walkman, or necessary evils of live tape collecting.  They
just degrade too damn fast, and get damaged too easy.)  ADATs are great
for recording, though in end I would like to use something less reliant
on a media with internal moving parts.  I'm not familiar with hard-disk
recording tech, but I would think that eventually something like a
re-recordable CD would be pretty cool for recording studios.

Cheers,
Carl