Imaginos songs - Rage for Order

ROBERT SEDLER robert.sedler at NOR.MKL.COM
Fri Feb 16 11:51:00 EST 1996

I can't believe I've let myself become a lurker here, what with all this
awesome discussion of Imaginos swingin' into high gear. So I am forcing
myself today to find the time dammit and get in on this.....

I liked the imaginos version of Astronomy right from the start when I first
got the album. I was having a hard time figuring out some of the lyrics and
for me it was a nice little oasis halfway through the album where I could
let down my guard and sing along, yet still it was new all new for me.
Although Eric is one of my fave vocalists of all time, I was glad to see
Buck singing this version. Had Eric sang it there would have been even more
comparison to the original version, I think of them as Buck's version and
Eric's version.

As for the Tune "Imaginos", this was still a hard one for me for a long
time. This song just left me flat, it's just no way to end such a great
album. But going right along with my theory that songs take on a different
flavor depending on what song precedes it and what song follows it on an
album: For example, Astronomy (74) sounds GREAT after flaming telepaths but
would it have been equally touted had it fallen in between Light years of
love and Beat 'em up? No. Same song, yet the placement has alot to do with
it.

Anyway, getting back to Imaginos. I have a certain order I always program
my CD player in whenever I listen to the album. In the liner notes it has
Imaginos: The Songs. Written and the songs appear in this order...
-------------
Les Invisibles
Imaginos
Del Rio's Song
Blue Oyster Cult
I am the one you warned me of
The Siege and Investiture of Baron......
In The Presence of another world
Astronomy
Magna of Illusion
-------------
At first I thought that they were merely a random order tossed into the
liner notes until I noticed in the Imaginos "story" that it referred to
Magna of Illusion as "The Last Song In The Cycle". So I REALLY listened to
the whole album in this new order and it really sounded better to me, it
had more of a finale to me. This also helped me like the song Imaginos much
more, as it had some other songs to use as crutches on either side of it.

Trust old Torgo, and give it a try. But be forewarned, I might not know
what I'm saying and I could just be nutz....

Torgo has left the building...
robert.sedler at nor.mkl.com

"While the bird called Buzzardo rattled the bones he picked the flesh from"
                        - S. Pearlman & A. Bouchard