Imaginos songs - Rage for Order

Douglas A. Mitchell DMitchIssy at AOL.COM
Sat Feb 17 23:44:37 EST 1996

Robert:

Welcome back, then...

>Anyway, getting back to Imaginos. I have a certain order
>I always program my CD player in whenever I listen to the
>album. In the liner notes it has Imaginos: The Songs.
>Written and the songs appear in this order...
>Les Invisibles
>Imaginos
>Del Rio's Song
>Blue Oyster Cult
>I am the one you warned me of
>The Siege and Investiture of Baron......
>In The Presence of another world
>Astronomy
>Magna of Illusion
-----------
>At first I thought that they were merely a random order tossed
>into the liner notes until I noticed in the Imaginos "story" that it
>referred to Magna of Illusion as "The Last Song In The Cycle".
>So I REALLY listened to the whole album in this new order and
>it really sounded better to me, it had more of a finale to me.
>This also helped me like the song Imaginos much more, as it
>had some other songs to use as crutches on either side of it.

I've been playing it this way for some time, as it made sense to
plop the tracks in their 'correct' order.  I've been chafing of late to
lay all the tracks supposedly encompassing the entire Imaginos
saga down on tape in order, as put forth in John's magnificent faq.
Anyone done this yet?  How many minutes long?  Does it come
across as well as I expect it would?

Please enlighten me...before I lock myself in my office & begin taping...

The Snowman.                                         _?_
<dmitchissy at aol.com>                              I

      "If it isn't skiing or Blue Oyster Cult, I'm not interested..."
The First Annual BOC BBQ - Santa Rosa, California - Spring 1996!

Douglas A. Mitchell              World Snow T-shirts always available!
290 S.E. Bush Street           Contact me via E-mail or snail mail for
Issaquah, Washington 98027       information regarding the 'coolest'
(206) 391-7683              T-shirt designs this side of the South Pole!