Imaginos :Black & Silver

BRIAN THOMAS HALLIGAN halligbt at BIGVAX.ALFRED.EDU
Mon Feb 19 14:14:57 EST 1996

>> >From Siege: "World Without End!"
>>
>> This line also appears in the song "Heavy Metal: Black and Silver".
>> The song says:
>> "Direction. Creation. Foundation.
>>  Spans a river we call time, World without end."
>> Noting that this song is in fact at least partially Bouchard penned, does
>> this song fit anywhere into the Imaginos saga? I remember back last year
>> sometime when Albert stated for the record all the many songs that could
>> indeed fit somewhere into the whole Imaginos Thang, yet for some reason I
>> don't remember this song being on it. Actually it never really occured to
>> me until I finally caught the "world without end" line.

>        Actually, I've always casually thought of HM:B&S as part of the
>Imaginos Cycle for the same reason.  Couldn't begin to think of where,
>but I usually shy away from in-depth analysis of the Imaginos material
>because, well, it's too much like what I do anyway! ;)

>Cheers,
>Carl

        I think this song was just BOC saying "We are BOC and our guitars
bleed lead!  Let's ROCK!"  There's not really a story here, just lyrics
picked for their "When guitars ruled the world" imagery.  The fact that the
orginal title for this was "Ear Damage", also leads me to this conclusion.
I'd put it in the Imaginos cycle though, just because it fun to headbang to ;)
It fits right in with Frankenstein...

Brian