1st BOC BBQ

Douglas A. Mitchell DMitchIssy at AOL.COM
Tue Feb 20 01:19:39 EST 1996

Manuel:

>Read a little about this 1st Annual BOC BBQ this past week
>and was wondering if it was for real or just a joke.

It's definitely NOT a joke.  The Brewmaster Of Cult, Sir Charles Gow,
will be hosting the event on an as yet undetermined date very near the
'Last Days Of May'.  His credentials as the 'official' Brewmaster were
granted by the band at the 1/26 & 1/27 shows in Konocti & Fairfield.
The BOC beers are a reality, but only available to the fortunate few
who have met up with Mr. Gow.  I sampled the early version of the
'Buck's Blazing Bitter' over the Christmas holiday, and was suitably
impressed.  Also tasted the original recipe of the Allen's Alien Ale,
before it gained the fine moniker.  There are now four 'flavors'...

Buck's Blazing Bitter
Eric's Extraterrestrial Elixir   <--- pure inspiration!
Allen's Alien Ale
Danny's Delirious/Dizbuster/Desdinova Dark

>If it's real, count us in!!!  Anybody have any details, etc, would be
>appreciated if posted.

It's so real you can almost taste it!  There is also a Red & Black
barbeque sauce I haven't sampled yet...

>Someone said it will be held on The Last Days Of May?  What a cool
>idea.  Only hope it is held on Memorial Day Weekend so we can take
>time off from work.

Who is this someone?  Are they planning on attending?  I'll be flying
down from the greater Seattle area for this event, and several of the LA
contingent off AOL & alt.m.boc will be in attendance.

>Will the band be there to perform??

We can only hope.  They are aware of the event, and may be joining us
via a 'virtual picnic' from the road.  If they can't perform live, we will
most
definitely work our way through their catalog, and other interesting little
recordings...

If you have any direct questions, feel free to contact me directly...

The Snowman.                                         _?_
<dmitchissy at aol.com>                              I

      "If it isn't skiing or Blue Oyster Cult, I'm not interested..."
The First Annual BOC BBQ - Santa Rosa, California - Spring 1996!

Douglas A. Mitchell              World Snow T-shirts always available!
290 S.E. Bush Street           Contact me via E-mail or snail mail for
Issaquah, Washington 98027       information regarding the 'coolest'
(206) 391-7683              T-shirt designs this side of the South Pole!