OFF: Alien Stinger

Rudich, Robert A Rudich at VOLPE2.DOT.GOV
Tue Feb 20 10:12:00 EST 1996

>> > Well speaking as an alien, at least one here in the US anyway (I'm not
>> "I'm an alien - I'm an illegal alien" -    sorry, that's Sting...
>I thought it was "I'm an alien - I'm a legal alien"... I had the album.

People, we're helping Deb make her point.  I don't know what album you have,
but this is a Phil Collins song and the topic is illegal aliens.   There is
an amusing video he made for it that takes place in a parodied Latin
American setting in which Phil and the boys get popped for dealing in fake
documents.   If you stop and consider it for a minute, there isn't much to
sing about being a legal alien.   Sort of like telling tales of safe driving
instead of Damnation Alley.

Cruising down the highway at a safe speed.  The sky is clear and the roads
are dry.

Rudy