OFF: Alien Stinger

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Wed Feb 21 05:25:05 EST 1996

> > >I thought it was "I'm an alien - I'm a legal alien"... I had the album.
> >
> > People, we're helping Deb make her point.  I don't know what album you have,
> > but this is a Phil Collins song and the topic is illegal aliens.   There is
>
> Phil Collins (!)   Genesis, please. :-)
>
> The Sting quote is correct though. But that's that one about err, that
> Quentin bloke. "Englishman in New York"

Och well - seeing as I started this thread  8-)   "The Englishman in New
York" alien lyric I'm sure is done by Sting although whether he wrote it
or whether or not it appears on an album I have no idea.   I heard the
lyric through watching a car advert (for ?Rover cars?) where this guy is
sitting in his British (English) car listening to a cricket match on the
radio as if he's back in England although still in New York.

It's a sad life....

However I probably *did* mishear the lyric and is should correctly be
"I'm a legal alien - I'm an Englishman in New York"

cheers

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk