OffTopic: US politics

Duane Hoyt aa5287 at FREENET.LORAIN.OBERLIN.EDU
Wed Feb 21 06:53:42 EST 1996

>I just saw the New Hampshire result. I presume that the Republicans will
>now need to mount a "stop Buchanan" campaign in order to prevent a
>disaster in November? The question is will the establishment stick with
>what looks to be a fading Dole who has the campaign machinery but
>probably can't beat Clinton or go with Alexander who's had a couple of
>good results, has no funding or electoral organisation and might just be
>able to beat Clinton in the charisma stakes?
>
>Cheers
>
>FoFP

As with most US politicians, the only answer they could concieve is run the
guy with the most money, and hope to use the media to discredit the other
guys. This is business as usual, and I don't think a leopard can change his
spots. I don't have a problem with any person having strong ideals and
moral convictions, I respect a person who does, but I don't believe that
the US should have a president that would force the country to live by the
moral convictions of a small segment of society. If the Republicans can do
no better than Buchannon, then it seems we are to have Clinton for another
4 years.

Duane

--
" Back to the earth I screamed,