Imaginos :Black & Silver

Wed Feb 21 09:53:35 EST 1996

Theo writes:

>Nostalgia.
A lot of us [and I must confess to this offense at times] just can't
let go of the idea of the original BOC producing such great music.

Wait a minute - let's everybody get one thing clear, and I apologize if
my talk of what Imaginos "should have been" suggested this:

THE ORIGINAL LINEUP WILL *NEVER* ALL GET TOGETHER AGAIN -- DON'T BOTHER
WISHING FOR IT.  (o.k., I know, never say never but the probability is
pretty low).  Don't anyone delude yourself in thinking that someday
things might change.  What I had wished would have happened with
Imaginos is something in the PAST - it is not something I have any
hopes of seeing in the FUTURE.  All of the parties concerned have moved
on in their lives and careers.  If you still want to listen to BOC, as
I do, listen to them for what they ARE, with their current line-up --
I'm not saying you shouldn't enjoy the old material, I'm just saying
that don't think that someday Al and Joe will be playing it with the
3 O C in the future.  And while you're enjoying BOC's nostalgia trip,
hoping that someday they do put out new music (and I think it WILL
happen, but with the current lineup, not the original), check out the
great stuff that Albert has produced since leaving BOC -- the Brain
Surgeons are a happening band that have a great modern heavy sound to
them, and they're producing LOTS of new material (while still giving
us a nice taste of some of Albert's best stuff from his BOC days).

I didn't mean to start such a big trip down memory lane when this
thread first started, but I just want to be clear that these memories
do NOT represent the future, or even my hopes for it.  So, even though
I reminisce and think about what "should have been", when I come back
to reality and look to the future, these "should have beens" are not
what I expect will ever "be".

John