writing credits

Wed Feb 21 10:17:46 EST 1996

Ross asks:

Someone please answer:

I thought that a writing credit was given for the lyrical content
of the song, not necessarily for the music.  Is there a distinction?

Ross, I don't know the answer -- I was only pointing out where someone
was listed on the album credits.  These credits might be for words,
music, or both -- and obviously it doesn't tell how much of a song
someone actually wrote.  When I referred to "writing credit", I personally
was not making a distinction between the lyrics and the music, as I
do not know how that breaks out on BOC's songs.

John