writing credits/Imaginos

Stephen Swann swann at PHANTOM.COM
Wed Feb 21 10:59:44 EST 1996

ross.reyes writes:

> It looked to me that it was probably some middle ground and that
> the marketing people thought it would sell best if BOC marketed
> the thing as a group.  Hence, Eric/Buck/Allen/JOe had to put
> a hand in it somewhere to make Imaginos a BOC effort en total.

I believe that's probably about the long and the short of it.  I think
Pearlman felt that there wouldn't be any market (or even a record
deal) for such a weird thing, if it didn't have the name Blue Oyster
Cult on it.  As it turns out, they got it released, but then the
record company and the band dropped the album in the mud and left it
to sink.  Sigh.

What was it that Eric said on AOL?  "If you want to hear Imaginos
tunes, go to a Brain Surgeons concert."

Steve