Imaginos :Black & Silver

Rocker22 at AOL.COM Rocker22 at AOL.COM
Wed Feb 21 12:33:10 EST 1996

In a message dated 96-02-21 08:28:55 EST, theo writes:

>Pragmatism.
>The rest of BOC probably acted somewhat out of desperation in
>shafting AL.  BOC was on the skids seriously circa 'Imaginos,' and I
>suspect that they may have decided to try to grab credit for
>'Imaginos' in hopes of re-inflating their careers [of evil!].  For a
>bunch of guys who were used to playing in arenas, and then found
>themselves back in bars, the temptation to grab for the big one must
>have been overwhelming.  Not to be condoned, of course, and in some
>ways, I'm glad it didn't work.  It's just too bad that the aftermath
>was so awful, with everyone destroyed in the bloodbath.  Though it
>looks like Al is recovering nicely with tBS.

I always thought that CBS didn't like Imaginos and would only release
Imaginos if it was a BOC album.  And BOC was cooperating with CBS under the
terms of their contract.   So how did they shaft Albert when they ultimately
helped get his solo album released?  By grabbing credit for the album being a
BOC album?  It seems to me that one must remember that Imaginos came out
because of BOC.  No BOC, no Imaginos.

It seems to me that alot of the blame for all of this belongs with CBS.  Had
they done what they should have, Imaginos would have been a VERY different
creature.  I've heard Albert's version of Imaginos (at the Museum) and it is
significantly different in both feel and texture.  It the original version
better?  Hard to say.  I've listened to the BOC Imaginos a zillion times,
Alberts version once.  It's different.  Better?  In some ways, sure.  In
others, no.  Would Alberts version have been more successful and allowed for
Imaginos 2?  Who knows?  I, for one, would LOVE to hear Imaginos 2 (and 3!!).

Makes for great speculation...

R.