writing credits

Wed Feb 21 13:22:52 EST 1996

Steve writes:

>  Pearlman wrote by far the largest part of the
lyrics (at least in the early days), and the band wrote the music.  So
when you see songwriting credits like S. Pearlman, D. Roeser,
A. Bouchard, you can bet that Al and Buck wrote the tune, and Sandy
wrote the lyrics.  Hey John, isn't this stuff in the FAQ?

Well, no it isn't -- all I did was list the credits as they appeared
on the albums, which don't indicate who did what.  Is it standard
convention that the lyric-writer is listed first, followed by the
writer of the music?

As far as I know, just about all contributions by Pearlman, and probably
also Meltzer were lyrics only.  But beyond that . . .

John