Imaginos :Black & Silver

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed Feb 21 14:51:25 EST 1996

> Somehow I don't see anybody doing that for BOC.  I have this notion
> that record execs aren't the sort who recognise the importance of
> songwriting.  I bet they buy into the idea of bands having "image" and
> big-name presences as their main draws.

        No, no, Steve!  Say it isn't so!  Don't shatter my image of
the music industry as a place of sweetness and light where all the
record company execs sweat it out every day in a never-ending and
heroic struggle to bring the highest possible quality music to the
widest audience regardless of its perceived commericial value!

        (Don't get de-railed by the irony, anyone, to cop a phrase
from a latter day BOC song held in _universally_ high reknown ;)

Cheers,
Carl