BOC-L Digest - 20 Feb 1996 to 21 Feb 1996

jean l delacour delacour at UNM.EDU
Wed Feb 21 18:22:44 EST 1996

On Wed, 21 Feb 1996, Maxine Wesley wrote:

> Deep Purple are playing on Sunday night in Leicester, UK. I just don't
> know wether I ought to fork out the 16UKP for the ticket - seems a bit
> steep to me! Has anyone seen them lately - if so what's the line-up and
> are they worth seeing now? (I wouold have killed to see them in '85)
>

> You can e-mail me direct on the address below
>
> Regards
>
> Maxine
>

>   The night shall be filled with music
>   And the cares that infest the day            mxw at dmu.ac.uk
>   Shall fold their tents like the Arabs        http://www.dmu.ac.uk/~mxw/
>   And as silently steal away.                  Honda CB250 RS
>                     H.W. Longfellow

Maxine;

How are you?  The new Purple (Mach VII?) consists of Ian Gillen(vocals),
Roger Glover(bass), Ian Paice(drums), Jon Lord(keys), and get this,
Steve Morse on guitar.  Morse played w/Dixie Dregs, Kansas, and does
alot of solo/clinic workshops.

I don't know much about the sound of this lineup.  The new disc has not
as of yet been released here in the States.

Blackmore is fronting Rainbow again (the new disc is great).  Chuck
Burgi & Greg Smith (BOC) are touring with that lineup.

Manuel

Jean Delacour
University of New Mexico
Parish Library