writing credits

Dan Lindfors lindfors at ALGONET.SE
Wed Feb 21 19:09:44 EST 1996

At 21.53 1996-02-21 +0100, you wrote:
>>Carl:
>>>         Well, it is not possible to tell from a writing credit who wrote
>>> the lyrics and who wrote the music.  The writing credits are for the
>>> song or piece--a combination of words, music, and whatever.
>>
>>        In the BOC songbook, the credits for music/lyrics are broken
>>        out.  If people are interested I (or Dan Lindfors!) can do a
>>        quick run-through of many of the albums.
>

>Dan seems to be down & out due to technical problems, and do read BOC-l very
>sporadic at the moment. Do not count on him for a *quick* run-through.

He's up on 9! For the moment risen from the grave. Technical problems? Well,
my old computer decided to give in last week, so for the time being I have
to handle my e-mail through a notebookcomputer of a friend...
(Almost by accident a happened to stumble upon my name in my mailflood tonight)

Looking through my old songbooks (quick enough?:)I came up with these
writing credits (down below, that's right). Although evidently (?) not fully
accurate I think these examples give a picture of the balance between
credits for the music and for the lyrics.

R.U Ready 2 Rock.  Music: A Bouchard, Words: S Pearlman
This ain't the summer of love. M: A Bouchard, W: M Krugman, D Waller
E.T.I: M: D Roeser, W: Pearlman
Astronomy: M: J Bouchard, A Bouchard; W: Pearlman
The last days of May: M: All band members!!!-not Buck only, W: D Roeser
Before the kiss: M: Roeser, Lanier, Bloom, Bouchard, A and J Bouchard,
Krugman; W: Pearlman
Cities on Flame: M: Roeser, Lanier, Bloom, A Bouchard, J Bouchard (!), W:
Pearlman Subhuman: M: Bloom, W: Pearlman
Harvester of Eyes. M: Roeser, Bloom, W: Meltzer
The red and the black. M: A Bouchard, Bloom; W: Pearlman
7 Screaming Dizbusters. M: A Bouchard, J Bouchard, Roeser; W: Pearlman
Me 262. M: Bloom, Roeser; W: Pearlman
Sinful love: M: A Bouchard; W: H Robbins
Tattoo Vampire: M: A Bouchard; W: H Robbins
Golden age of leather: M: Roeser; W: B Abbott
Death Valley Nights. M: A Bouchard; W: Meltzer
Nosferatu: M: J Bouchard; W: H Wheels
The Great Sun Jester: M: Bloom, A Trivers; W: Moorcock

So it seems that the credits on the albums (except the first one) usually
begin with the makers of the music, and give the writer of the lyrics last,
naturally, I would say.

Goodnight!

Dan (lindfors at algonet.se)