Sun Machine in Cleveland

Keith A Henderson khenders at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Wed Feb 21 20:13:48 EST 1996

> >  Indeed a very enjoyable gig. Hey Keith, why didn't you say hello? I
> >was wandering about the whole night w/ my trusty boc-l T...
> >
> >Wylie
> >
> Hello all,
>
> I was also fortunate to be there. It was most excellent. The band was very
> well practiced and did a very good job. I was glad to see them play an
> extended set.
> Sorry I missed you Keith and Wylie. I wore my Nethawks shirt, but didn't
> notice any others. I did see Alan there ( hey buddy! ).
> As I missed the first NYE show ( looking foward to the tapes, Keith :-)  )
> I was wondering, did they have the artists at the first show?

No...but they had the 'fire' guy...Wizard Stew, who did his thing at the
Toronto and St. Catharines shows this past April.  A nice touch, but once
you've seen it once or twice, the only suspense is whether his magic powder
will actually light up or will just fizzle out harmlessly.  Except for the one
time in Toronto when he almost set the audience aflame....I felt the heat on
that one, lemme tell you....I think Steve L. might have also, eh?

Yeah....the artist was pretty cool, wish he would've done a few more.

I did see one person (briefly) wearing a Nethawk shirt, but I was with some
friends at that particular moment....wasn't sure which one of you it was.  I'll
see you all at the Gong show at the Odeon, ok???  BTW, are tickets on sale yet,
and are they available through Ticketbastard??

Keith H.

PS Duane, your tapes are ready, and should be in the mail shortly.

PPS All you NE Ohioans....please post any future Sun Machine dates you see.
Cleveland is always a good place to go for a weekend.  I miss living there.
One thing I could do with out, though, is that ridiculous R&R HoF -- has anyone
actually paid to see this thing??  Is it really as stupid as it seems??  I
really have a problem with awards and honors of recognition (that really are
nothing more than a popularity contest) for an art form that is (in a
theoretical sense) supposed to be a personal expression that may or may not be
appealing to any particular segment of the population.  Sorry for the
editorial.