writing credits

Chip Hart chip at PCC.COM
Wed Feb 21 23:25:01 EST 1996

> Looking through my old songbooks (quick enough?:)I came up with these
> writing credits (down below, that's right). Although evidently (?) not fully
> accurate I think these examples give a picture of the balance between
> credits for the music and for the lyrics.

        It figures that I spend 20 minutes typing this in and then DAN
        goes and does it himself!  Cripes!

        Here's MY version of the same list, some items missing, many
        added.  Essentially, I am missing the first three (crucial)
        albums...

Song                            Lyrics                  Music
Death Valley Nights             Meltzer                 AB
Golden Age of Leather           Abbott                  DR
Searchin' For Celine            AL                      AL
Fireworks                       AB                      AB
R.U. Ready 2 Rock               SP                      AB
Celestial the Queen             Wheels                  JB
Goin' Through the Motions       EB/Hunter               EB/Hunter
I Love the Night                DR                      DR
Nosferatu                       Wheels                  JB
This Ain't The Summer of Love   Krugman/Waller          AB
True Confessions                AL                      AL
Revenge of Vera Gemini          Smith                   AB
Tattoo Vampire                  Robbins                 AB
Tenderloin                      AL                      AL
Morning Final                   JB                      JB
Debbie Denise                   Smith                   AB
Don't Fear the Reaper           DR                      DR
In Thee                         AL                      AL
Dr. Music                       Meltzer                 JB/DR
Great Sun Jester                Moorcock                EB/Trivers
The Vigil                       DR/Roeser               DR/Roeser
Mirrors                         Abbott                  DR
Moon Crazy                      JB                      JB
You're Not the One              Bouchard                AB
Lonely Teardrops                AL                      AL
I Am the Storm                  Binder                  JB
ETI                             Pearlman                DR
ME 262                          Pearlman                DR/EB

        What's interesting is that SO MANY of the songs have lyrics from
        someone else (more than half!).  Meanwhile, the music credits
        work something like this:

        Al Bouchard - 8
        Buck - 8
        Joe Bouchard - 6
        Lanier - 5
        Bloom - 3

Chip Hart                          *            chip at pcc.com
People's Computer Company          *            http://www.pcc.com/~chip
15 Pinecrest Drive                 *            Work:800-722-7708
Essex Junction, VT  05452          *            Fax: 802-872-8214