BOC: Mercedez/Yuppies

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Thu Feb 22 07:58:27 EST 1996

> Easy does it Theo.  First of all, most people who have heard of BOC these
> days don't even know the band is still (in some form) together.  So
> from alot of people's standpoint, yes, BOC may be "disposable" - sad,
> but true (not to us, of course).  Second, don't knock anyone who turns
> up at a BOC concert these days -- they need all the fans they can get!

Agreed.  Anything to induce Sony [or anyone for that matter] to get
behind the 3OC for an album.

> Third, some of us here could be considered by others as "yuppies" - I
> don't consider myself one, but some people I know might label me as
> one (although I gotta admit I can't afford a Mercedes, but I do own a
> "foreign" car).  Finally, I hear Eric got a good deal on a new car for
> using BOC's name in that commercial . . .
>
> John

Well, you may look like a yuppie, but I'd argue that anyone who likes
BOC as much as you do, couldn't, by definition, be a yuppie.  They'd
probably toss you out of the yuppie club for such a thing, unless
they wanted to keep someone around as a reminder of their irreverent
youth!  Me, I drive Detroit iron [well, actually Tenn.--a Saturn] and
am too old and poor to be reasonably considered for such status.
theo