HW: tapes and gigs and tapes

Bernhard Pospiech b.pospiech at POP.RUHR.DE
Thu Feb 22 08:51:46 EST 1996

Hi there

>An awesome job on both your and Bernhard's parts!

But unfortunately a lot of gigs are missing, especially
from US gigs in 1974-1975 !!!

If someone could help me to complete the list I'd be very greatfull!

           !!!!!!!!!!!!Any hint is very welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>How many do you think Dave remembers doing?

I spoke to Dave backstage before the gig in HENGELO (Holland) on
09.December.1993, giving him the (at this time) current giglist. The list
was binded like a book with a nice hawk-picture on the front side.

Dave took a long look inside and was absolutely astonished. "Did we really
make more than 1200 gigs ?!?" he asked me. "I'm not sure" I said. "but here
in the list are all gigs me and some helpful friends could find from
advertisments, tourposters and magazine-articles. I am very sure that about
200 are missing". "Indeed" he said. "The early 70ies were  chaotic years"

He asked me why and when I did the list. I answered that I'm doing the list
in my free time and with a PC this work is not to difficult.

I spoke for about 20 minutes with Dave and 15 minutes with Richard and had a
very good time

Remeber this evening very good because during the gig a German Shepherd came
on stage and walked for about 5 minutes during YOU SHOULDN'T DO THAT across
the stage. He seemed to enjoy the music.(maybe HAWKWIND tunes are pleasant
for dog-ears??)

I was standing very close to the stage and could see very good the perplexed
faces from DAVE, RICHARD, ALAN and the DANCER

But after the dog went off from the stage they all laughed (the audience
too!) and continued a very good gig but unfortunately without encore (like
on the other Holland gigs)

Someone interested in the tape ??

Bernhard