Imaginos :Black & Silver

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Thu Feb 22 12:58:40 EST 1996

> Furthermore, I bet that these market-driven lumps of flesh probably
> view BOC as a nostalgia act, suitable for grabbing a slice of the
> yuppie baby-boomer i-used-to-be-a-rocker pie.  That yuppie car
> commercial "You used to dream of playing power chords with Blue Oyster
> Cult" probably summarizes the point of view of a lot more than just
> the auto industry towards the band.

I can't see that the demise is all due to the scumsucking bastards, err, the
music biz. What continues to utterly nonplus me is the apparent complicity of
the 3 remaining members to cruise around in creative neutral for years on end.
Al may have departed with the lion's share of inspiration, but there's still
the odd spark here and there (Harvest Moon springs to mind. No comment about
the other 'new' songs ;-) I obviously can't share the POV of the guys left in
the band, but on a basic intellectual level, surely they must be bored out of
existence by now. Anybody would be, let alone personalities who at least in the
past must have been fuelled by some artistic expression or ambition. From
what's come & gone on this forum, perhaps Eric is content with his lot, but I
kinda hoped for more from Buck & Allen. Next time one of 'em logs on to AOL
or whatever, perhaps someone should cut through the fawning idolatry and
asinine questions and maybe just bluntly ask them quite what the fuck they
think their masterplan is these days. This 'bad management and no corporate
backing' crutch only supports so much.

Tim

 'is it too late to understand
  the writing that's on the walls
  while we watch time slip through our hands
  we're deaf to our own demands
  when the eleventh hour calls'                 Fates Warning