Imaginos :Black & Silver

Thu Feb 22 13:37:57 EST 1996

A couple comments for Tim:

>What continues to utterly nonplus me is the apparent complicity of
the 3 remaining members to cruise around in creative neutral for years on end

Some say that you can't teach an old dog new tricks . . .

>perhaps Eric is content with his lot, but I
kinda hoped for more from Buck & Allen

Why?  Because Buck/Allen may have more musical talent than Eric?  Don't
confuse musical talent with intelligence/decency/integrity/personality/etc.

>Next time one of 'em logs on to AOL
or whatever, perhaps someone should cut through the fawning idolatry and
asinine questions and maybe just bluntly ask them quite what the fuck they
think their masterplan is these days.

Good idea, but probably futile.  Have you every been part of those "chats"?
If not, check out ROBODUDE's web site and look at a few logs.  It should
become quickly apparent that:
1. "Most" of the people there wouldn't be critical or blunt to the band
if their lives depended on it -- o.k., maybe I'm stretching it here, but
it's definitely a love-fest
2.  Anything inflamatory that does come up is usually just ignored -- hell,
most of the questions in those chats are ignored because there's like 10
of them at a time coming at the band, and they just answer the one's that
they either want to or have time to.  And, half the time it seems like
the guys in the band are spending half their time at their terminals,
and half of their time doing something else (like watching a basketball
game).
3.  Finally, if you look at old logs at what the band says that they're
gonna do, then see the results, I think it may be obvious that they have
no masterplan, and nothing seems to get done when they say it will be.
Case in point - they've been saying for probably the last 6 months that
"The Vigil" is being added to the set -- up until probably a few weeks
ago (and for all I know, maybe not yet), that song hadn't yet been
played live.  I think that they're just plodding along, perhaps trying
to get a new disc out, but without any real masterplan.

John