Imaginos :Black & Silver

Chip Hart chip at PCC.COM
Thu Feb 22 15:37:16 EST 1996

> No, I meant "No BOC, no Imaginos".  It's very possible that, had CBS not put
> out Imaginos, it might have died and NEVER been issued.  After all, it had
> been in progress for several YEARS!  And CBS (I believe) had already paid for
> the album, so (presumable) it was theirs (only) to issue.

        Ah.  You are referring to the RIGHTS to the album, which I was
        not.  Yes, if your presumption is correct (Al?), and CBS owned
        the rights, _Imaginos_ may have been shelved.  I was addressing
        whether or not Albert needed their help to actually RELEASE an
        album.

        I am curious - can a label own an album that doesn't exist?  Or
        would they just own "Albert's next album?"

> However, TO ME, Alberts version is significantly
> different in both feel and texture.  Not good different, not bad different,
> just...different.

        Wow.  I was struck with how similar the two are.

Chip Hart                          *            chip at pcc.com
People's Computer Company          *            http://www.pcc.com/~chip
15 Pinecrest Drive                 *            Work:800-722-7708
Essex Junction, VT  05452          *            Fax: 802-872-8214