HW new collectable

John McIntyre MCINTYRE at PA.MSU.EDU
Thu Feb 22 15:51:30 EST 1996

  forwarded without permission from the Ozric Tentacles list as I thought
  a few of you might be interested in the described collector's item (-8

  since there seems to be some interest in Hawkwind on this group I
  though I'd pass along a warning/information tidbit. I picked up a
  Pendragon (neo-prog in the vein of marillion - but hey - it was
  a good price!) CD titled _The World_ today from Best Buys. When
  I got the CD case open I was surprised to see a CD imprinted with
  the Hawkwind _Warrior on the Edge of Time_ image. Well, actually I
  thought this might be cool - I could get a free preview of the
  hawkwind disc prior to returning it for my money back. I was (somewhat)
  disappointed when the music actually turned out to be Pendragon.
  Not that it is a bad CD, but I though I might get a sneak peek (I
  would have returned it had it actually been hawkwind, because all the
  liner notes are for the Pendragon disc - i would have had no idea
  what even the songe titles were suposed to be!) and maybe even trade
  for the Hawkind if it turned out good! as it stands i'll likely keep
  the Pendragon rather than return it.

  anyways - watch out for the Griffin Records Label since they seem
  to have a quality control problem...some of you Hawks might be
  disappointed the other way if you got the Pendragon instead...

End of returned message