$$$$$

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Fri Feb 23 08:05:15 EST 1996

> no real commitment to. I presume only Sandy pearlman could have coaxed
> such performances out of them which makes me wonder just how he sold the
> project to them. As I've said before, though, apart from Albert's vocals

Well, I expect after two bombers like RBN and CN [their bright
moments notwithstanding] it probably didn't take much arm twisting to
get the rest involved.  Even if Buck and Eric were addicted to
commerciality, they have enough musician's acumen to recognize a
great album.  Hell, they must've liked it, seeing how they tried to
steal it from AL!  And, considering the commercial failure of those
two, they likely were desperate to try something that might generate
some income.  'Imaginos' came as the band had slid into mediocrity
and had ceased playing stadiums in favor of clubs.  Who knows what
kind of culture shock was operating within BOC, but it couldn't have
been pretty.
theo