mining the same metal vein

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Fri Feb 23 08:11:53 EST 1996

> > Why?  Because Buck/Allen may have more musical talent than Eric?  Don't
> > confuse musical talent with intelligence/decency/integrity/personality/etc.
>
> No, I'm not. But I stand by my original comment. It appears Buck & Allen had
> more of a creative and inspirational drive than Eric. Which is why the thought
> of them squandering away any artistic pursuit whilst retreading the same old
> songs seems all the more tragic. Moreso if the inspiration has evaporated
> completely.

I've thought that maybe Buck et al are just convinced that their
fortunes lay in more conventional material, the stuff that brought
them a modicum of commercial success, c.f. 'Burnin' and 'Reaper.'
They may believe that the few radio listeners who supported them
briefly are going to keep them afloat.  But isn't it clear [at least
as viewed by the members of BOC-L] that BOC's best material is the
macabre stuff, and that's what attracted the true die-hard fans
who've stayed the course?  And of course, that's the Albert material,
and he's gone.  Although I like the 'new' stuff okay, it pales in
comparison to 'Imaginos.'
theo