Original Imaginos & the other parts too

Fri Feb 23 08:43:49 EST 1996

Torgo says:

>As for Parts II and III of Imaginos, It WOULD sound great provided the
older songs were ree-recorded to give all of them the same overall tone as
Imaginos. If they were just plopped next to each other it would sound like
a greatest hits compilation, and NOT something that is meant to be taken as
a whole.

Absolutely.  Maybe tie the songs together with various sound bits,
like they did on Tyranny and Secret Treaties (bring back that little
music box!).

>Although for the life of me, I JUST CANNOT hear R.U. Ready 2 Rock as part
of the Imaginos saga. Well MAYBE the "I only live to be born again" part,
but not the rest of it

I don't know.  Lines like "C'mon C'mon, everybody is praying" and "the
stations of night" and "there's a new day breaking" could fit it -- to
me it seems like it would be at a point in time where Les Invisibles
have basically brainwashed mankind into following them, or their agent
Imaginos.  I mean, I don't know how the whole story was supposed to play
out, by I sort of always had the picture that by the time the story was
over (or almost over), the people of this world had basically become
slaves to Les Invisibles, fallen under their spell.  RU Ready 2 Rock sort
of seems like a call from either Les Invisibles or people who have already
been won over by them to the rest of the people of earth - maybe even
using rock and roll music as a tool to entice people - to follow/serve
them.

John