Imaginos :Black & Silver

Albert T Bouchard ir004728 at INTERRAMP.COM
Fri Feb 23 10:39:35 EST 1996

Rocker22 asks::

>So, Albert, what do you think would have happened to Imaginos if BOC hadn't
>gotten involved?

Pearlman told me in 1985 that Columbia would put out the Imaginos album but
he didn't think they would promote it at all. They were complaining that
they didn't know how to market it. Also Pearlman said that several people
were complaining about my vocals, especially former collegues, and people
in the management office as well as some at Columbia.

>I won't disagree about the fact that that the BOC version was VERY close to
>Alberts version.  My understanding is that the budget for Imaginos had been
>used up. CBS  granted a few extra $'s for BOC to come in and "finish" the
>album.  There wasn't the budget to do significant changes, just some overdubs

I'm told that CBS gave BOC $500,000 to 'finish' Imaginos. That was almost
three times what I spent on it.

>and minor changes.  However, TO ME, Alberts version is significantly
>different in both feel and texture.  Not good different, not bad different,
>just...different.

I don't know what version you have heard. I could understand a difference
in texture, every mix is different, but feel? As in rhythmic feel? There is
not one iota of difference in the rhythm tracks of Imaginos between their
version and mine and if you don't believe me ask EB or DR.
Al