OTHER: Jackie Chan - Rumble in the Bronx

Ed Stenger stenger at MATH.UAKRON.EDU
Fri Feb 23 11:10:24 EST 1996

For all you Jackie Chan fans out there. I got a chance to see an advanced
screening of "Rumble in the Bronx" on Tuesday. IT WAS GREAT!  Non-stop
action with incredible fight scenes and amazing stunts. It also was absolutely
HILARIOUS. If you're familiar at all with Jackie Chan movies, none of this
should be surprising- I'd put this one in his top five- I liked it just as
much as Police Story and Drunken Master II, possibly more. If you're a
Jackie Chan virgin and like action movies "Rumble in the Bronx" is a
must see. After being exposed to the wonders of Jackie, those Stallone,
Van Damme, Steve Seagal, etc. movies will never be enough again. To fully
understand, you must see this movie. It comes out today- GO SEE IT! You
will not be disappointed.

BOC content-

I am going to the BOC show at Tangiers in Akron next Friday. I'll be sitting
down front for the second show in a table for two. I'll be wearing my
Nethawks shirt. Come say hi!  If you're trying to decide whether to go
to this gig or not- I saw the boys there last year and Tangiers is a great
venue for shows. Reserved seating, not a bad seat in the house, waiters
and waitresses to get drinks for you (I know a guy that works there too, and
last time I got several rounds of free drinks!), and the acoustics are good.
Well worth the $17.50 for tickets.

GO BOC!!!   GO JACKIE CHAN!!!!

----------- Ed Stenger
            stenger at math.uakron.edu