Buck hangin' ten

Stephen Swann swann at PHANTOM.COM
Fri Feb 23 11:38:49 EST 1996

Tim wrote:

> > >If that's the case then maybe they should just pack it in
> > completely. I'm just saying this apparent whoring of the band to the
> > nostalgia circuit should be unpalatable to any member of the band who still
> > considers they have artistic worth.
 [...]
> the road, and they're 'on tour forever.' Maybe they're unwilling [or
> unable to afford] to take time away from money-making to work on
> their own?Yeah, a real step down, but at least if you go
> the independent route you control the whole deal.  Hey, Al does
> pretty much what the hell he wants.  Wonder who's happier?
> theo

Well, I've heard that Buck has wanted to fold up the BOC banner for a
long time now; apparently he wants to write more pop material, and
doesn't have the inspiration to write "BOC-ish" songs anymore.
Apparently, Eric is the one who drives the band these days, and
whenever Buck talks about hanging it up, Eric talks him out of it.

This is all rumor, and should be treated as such, but it would
certainly answer a lot of questions about why the band is doing what
they're doing these days.

Steve